SURJ Upper Valley VT/NH is a local chapter of Showing Up For Racial Justice, a national network of groups and individuals organizing white people for racial justice. Through community organizing, mobilizing, and education, SURJ moves white people to act as part of a multi-racial majority for justice with passion and accountability. We work to connect people across the country while supporting and collaborating with local and national racial justice organizing efforts. SURJ provides a space to build relationships, skills and political analysis to act for change.
Calling people in, not calling out. Our focus is on working with white people who are already in motion. We want to bring as many white people into taking action for racial justice as possible. We envision a society where we struggle together with love, for justice, human dignity, and a sustainable world. Join us!
SURJ Upper Valley mission:
- Amplify and act on the needs and requests of national & local Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPoC) organizers,
- Support the sharing of power and resources to BIPoC communities.
- Push for systemic change by organizing to change racist policies and institutions.
- Educate, learn with, and mobilize other white people to take action to dismantle structural white supremacy and white supremacy culture.
- Receive feedback graciously and gratefully.